Pages

20.6.10

Happy Father's Day.

My dad is one of my biggest inspirations.  He's been able to keep his business going for decades, putting in the time and effort necessary to make it successful.  Failure was never an option for him... and this devotion helped keep our family fed and sheltered.

He and I would butt heads all the time when I was growing up.  It's where I get my stubbornness from.  He taught me independence, self-reliance, and responsibility.  He provided guidance when I asked for it, and some structure even when I didn't.

I saw things from a cost/value perspective through him.  I learned about calculated risks through his own actions.  And when I took those risks, he expected my best efforts.

My love of music came to be because of him.  My creativity was inspired from him.  And I carve my own path because of him.

So Dad... Happy Father's Day.