Pages

4.6.10

There's More to It...

This past week I've had the privilege of home-sitting for a friend of mine.  He has everything that my parents' house has... big TV with a ton of cable channels and a home theater system, the latest video game systems and movie players, super-fast internet, a whole bunch of comfort food, etc.  Watching his stuff brought me back to the old life I lived growing up.

I was lucky to live in a middle class lifestyle, which I thought was normal.  What I learned was that if you work enough hours and make enough money, you can have these luxuries.  I strove to have this life when I became an adult, because it was the only one I knew.

Something just didn't sit right with me though.  Don't get me wrong... I'm thankful for what my parents were able to provide for our family.  They worked hard to get to where we were, and I'll be forever grateful to have been brought up in a safe and secure environment.  However, when I wasn't working or going to school, I'd plop down in front of the computer with the TV on and rotate between the two.  

I've been away from that for quite a while now, but I decided to see if I was missing anything by going back to what I had before.  And my conclusion is that there is more to life than this.  I've been bored out of my mind!  This is no way to live.  It just doesn't fit for me anymore.

So now what do I strive for?  I guess that's where many get stuck.