Pages

13.7.10

Myers-Briggs says I'm INFP.

I was coaxed by a friend yesterday into taking the Myers-Briggs.  She finds that this test is the best in determining personality, and though I think it is a little too general for my tastes (leading to error), I can't argue with how correct it can be when taken properly.  I have taken this test a few times before, with varying results.  My time in California has been very introspective however, and figured I would be able to give fair, honest-to-me answers to the questions posed in this test.

It turns out I am an INFP, which a few sites have labeled as The Idealist.  Here's a brief description from PersonalityPage.com:

Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people.
My friend thinks it fits after some discussion.  I can't disagree... though I feel my writing could use much work.  I have found that I can come off as quite an extravert in some situations, which surprised my friend that I'm introverted in general.  As I did a little more research, it described much of where I am coming from to a T.

Maybe this is just another key to figuring out who I am and what I will become.  If anything, it at least explains the lean in my writing style.