Pages

1.4.10

I'm Giving Up the Blog... This is Too Much Work.

This was an April Fool's Joke that caused quite a stir... Calls were coming in to find out if everything was alright.  See my response here.
I've been cranking out quite a few posts now, and frankly, I'm sick of it.  This whole thinking business is hurting my brain.  Critical thinking is overrated.  I'm ready to just settle down.  Life will take care of itself.  It doesn't matter what I do as long as I don't get in trouble right now.  Ultimately, I am here to fulfill the expectations of others, because my happiness is determined solely on how others perceive me.

I miss my suits.  I miss my car.  I miss commuting.  I miss my cubicle.  I shouldn't be creating posts... I should be stapling cover sheets on quarterly reports.  I shouldn't be wasting my time reading books... I should be maximizing my efficiency by reading memos and attending meetings.

I am entitled to many things right now.  I'm a decent person who needs things... I should be paid on that basis alone.

Achieving what the average person doesn't is something I don't want to do anymore.  I want to be normal.  Normal is safe.  Safe is good...

This blog is dangerous.  I've been a fool.