Pages

30.4.10

Windfalls...

Yesterday, I found out some wonderful news.  My income tax return deposited into my account, and my deposit for a contract that ended this month will now be mailed back to me via check (it was a pretty large deposit at the time since I didn't have much of a credit history).  This was money that I really didn't account for, so I'll count it as a sudden windfall.

I now have some options... and since I'm in my early 20s, I'll be realistic.  I could:
  1. blow it all on booze and partying (that would make for one ridiculous night...)
  2. put it away for travel (taking a break could be nice)
  3. spend it on some programs to better my health (investing in myself... that P90X program has been staring me down lately)
  4. upgrade my wardrobe (my work requires a uniform, so ultimately this would be for nights when I'd go out)
  5. load up on electronics (used to be my thing... entertainment at the place is more convenient)
  6. buy a car (I can walk to most things of importance... but having wheels could extend my options)
  7. throw it into savings (which is the plan that most people would expect since I seem to focus on it a lot)
 All of these options would have appealed to me a couple years ago.  But in the present, I'm leaning towards 2, 3, and 7.  I feel like any of those choices would give me the most pleasure for the money.  Using it for travel would open me up to a new scene... and give me a break from the day-to-day grind here.  Focusing on health has been even more important to me recently due to some health issues that my family has been coming across.  And throwing it into savings is just buying me more freedom in my future.

Shoot me an email at be.beaudacious@gmail.com or text... I'm up for suggestions.