Pages

18.5.10

Baby We Were Born to Run...

Yesterday, I made the mistake of eating at a pizza buffet for lunch.  I probably ate the unhealthiest pizza I've ever come across... the grease sweat was just dripping.  So in an effort to make up for that carb and calorie infested mind-fart, I decided I'd go for a run.

And boy... did I run...

As soon as I stepped out the door, I started running down the hallway.  Then to the street.  Then I ran down the block.  One block became two blocks.  Then five blocks.  Then ten.

I ran uphill.  Downhill.  Upstairs.  Downstairs.  Wide open roads.  Narrow alleyways.  Cut around corners of buildings.  Guided around winding sidewalks. 

I couldn't stop moving. 

Familiar streets became uncharted territory.  Decisions based on predetermined routes were replaced with intuitions, gut feelings, and instincts.  I was aware of all around me.  Yet I was in my own little world.

And I just kept going.

The time flew by.  What was supposed to be a quick jog became an hour long expedition on sneakers.

I felt sun.  I viewed clouds.  I tasted rain.

Nothing could stop me.  I was in a trance.  It felt like I could have gone on forever.

As I approached my building, shirt drenched in a mixture of precipitation and perspiration, I thought about my past, where I was right now, and the potential journey ahead.  And as the shower water poured onto my lowered head, my mind felt clear.