Pages

9.5.10

Happy Mother's Day Mom.

I love my mom.  There... I said it. 

She's put up with my antics all of my life (which some will say is a remarkable feat) and I'm truly grateful for that.  She also can show super-human patience at times, at levels I will probably never attain in my own lifetime.  I get my sense of hospitality, my ability to love unconditionally and put others first, and my pride in my heritage from her.  She pushes me to reach my potential and find my place in this world... yet never hesitates to let me know that I don't have to be so independent all the time...

And though I'll follow the custom of celebrating mothers for one special day out of the year, I surely do not need a holiday to remind me how amazing she has been or to show her how much I appreciate her.  I'm glad that she chose to have me and guide me through this crazy world... Hopefully I turned out to be somewhat close to what she had hoped for when she made that decision.

Thanks for being you, Mom.